Making Christmas Cards Week - Post 2

Friday, November 08, 2013


Playing and making this years' second christmas card swing.
The first christmas card design was about family, and coming together with people we love for christmas. But I wanted to design a card for all of us who have special friends - whether they be spirit animals, imaginary friends, dream helpers or just our imagination running wild.














Pretty soon the idea of a girl riding a huge polar bear came to me. It was sort of one of these moments where I just saw it for my inner eye, and I knew they wanted to be born. 

Next day in the studio I made the drawing.

I wanted the image to be fresh and clean, wintery but also adventurous. It wasn't until afterwards that it came to me, that this was a princess, Princess Leah, who is riding the Polar Bear. They're on some mission of course. I'm not quite sure where there are going, but I know they're making way in icy weather.




It was great for me to make the details of this image, and I really enjoyed every bit of it. I carefully decided all the colors one by one, that brought the characters to life. Look how she's wearing a leather pouch on the side? She's got important stuff in that I reckon. Finally, she was given a blue cape with a golden emblem (for this I used real gold paint ;)


Princess Leah and the Polar Bear in icy blue wilderness.





I wanted to create a christmas feel to my website. I made a simple design with some trees. I used the image of Leah and the Polar Bear and as the welcome christmas greeting on my website




Playing in my studio with red christmassie balls for the photoshoot of the christmas cards ;)



Princess Leah and The Polar Bear are now available as art print, pillow and mug! Visit the shop :-)





You Might Also Like

0 comments

I am happy to hear what you think!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images