Friday it is.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Writing this blog has turned into a sacred space for me. Y'know, 'Quality Time' :) It's good. I like it. I didn't think that that would happen, and it's great!

In this post I have added some pictures from recent trips that I wanted to share with you. The area I live in is so beautiful, and you literally have to go just out the door, to find some spectacular views and wild experiences ;) It's absolutely fantastic.

I have added 2 'tags' "Dans le jardin (In the garden)" (still practicing my French) and "On a trip". This post fits in both categories.
On these recent trips (where some of these pictures are taken), I went to the prieuré of Serrabonne (munkekloster) and saw the fantastic herb garden around the priory. Just beautiful. And what a pleasure to be smelling, touching, feeling these plants. They grow on a still mountain top next to a lost castle, lots of sun during the day and prickly cold nights. Really something.

I have worked hard on my website the last couple of months, and feel that it's finally coming to a place where I am happy with it. This has taken a looong time, changing, discovering and just building up, making the site look as free and licious as I have in mind. I am especially fond of my shop, that I finally feel really good about. Ah, you just can't beat the feeling of knowing you've done it right, and you like what you see. Shoulder pats and love there ;) (Hope you enjoy it as much as I ;).

I've also recently joined Pinterest, which I find to be inspirational and great too. Oh, this digital world; never thought it was me, but here I am, typing away and loving it!


The weather has turned, and even though we have had some quite warm days, we certainly start to feel the cold here in Vinça. Snow on the mountain ridges around us. Colors are getting colder, blue'er. I think I'm obsessed with colors. Anyhow, you feel it inside the old stone house. The cold creeping in through every crack.

One of the things I love about France, and living where I do, is just that everything is spectacular. You walk down the path, then suddenly there's a kaki tree. It's just not something you see in Denmark. And you can really enjoy it. Because it's special. And it makes me feel closer to the land, and the fruit that I eat. Knowing how the tree looks, and where it grows. Seeing it up close and observing it. Just running my eyes over it, it's like tasting sweet foam and feeling it slide down your gullet. Ahh.


Note to self: Inside of me lie all the answers to all the questions I will ever ask.




The Kaki tree down the road. A firework of color against the bright blue sky!
As you might have noticed - I have a crush on trees ;)




Fenouil/Fennel/Fennikel
This is one of my favorite pictures. See how the pink light of the setting sun is making the trunks look purple? The yellow figs are giving an extra glow to the picture. Whew!
Oh, come on! You go for a ride and after 40 min. you see this! What a place on Earth!
(The grape vines has gone yellow and red with the autumn ;)
Still tomatoes in the garden. Don't know how, but they are still coming! 
Looks like a christmas decoration to me!


A beautiful, beautiful Downy oak / Chêne blanc ('white oak' in French), in the gardens of the priory.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

I am happy to hear what you think!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images