News around here. A doberman!? Surely NOT!

Monday, February 24, 2014

It's been a while since my latest post and a lot has happened. First things first.

I went to Denmark for a week, to help my grandparents and parents move my grandparents out of their home for 30 years, and into a nursery. This was a huge experience to be a part of, and I can only recommend to be a part of this transmissive fase, if it's possible for you! I have found SO many teachings about life and death (!) coming up around this 'work', and they have taught me about humans and love, and why we live the way we live, and about the beliefs (whether right or wrong) we have, and how they shape our lives.

When I came back to France, spring had come to stay! Nectarine or peaches already blossoming in wonderful light pink colors! Oh it is as to be in Heaven to look at these delicate flowers, and there will only be of them, in the month to come! Lovely!

Garden work continues, see pics below. Despite the fact that preparing, keeping and supporting a garden seems to be an ENDLESS process, it is, perhaps, exactly this, that makes doing it so healthy. It will never be 'done', but for each step I take in the garden, I feel closer to the land, to the garden to the area around me. Every time I make a decision; crop, plant, change, I am communicating with the land. It is a wonderful gift to be in the garden, and even more so, now that the sun has come out, and gives us a lovely 17 degrees, ladies and gentlemen. Just f**g awesome!

The wild One-Eyed cat named Odin that comes and dine with us frequently (read: when he pleases), was missing for a couple of days, and so we started to wonder if he might have been trapped or hurt somewhere. After 5 days he re-appeared to our delight, usually he strays for only 1-2 days. Perhaps we was trapped, never the less he was very hungry, but not hurt. You never really can tell with these animals, sometime you can have a hunch about what's going on, but it's not like the can talk to you and just say where they've been. Sometimes I like to do shamanic journeys, to get to know an animal better, say if I want to help it. I ask for advice or help to be best of support to the animal. That way, sometimes, more, and another kind of information is retrieved which can be very helpful.

This leads me to the, perhaps, most interesting thing that has happened here lately! It's quite a wonderful story. 
As my boyfriend and I had settled in again after me being in Denmark, we got a phone call from a friend who lives in a small village nearby. He said that he had found a dog, sitting outside his gate, looking at him. As the dog seemed to come with no owner, our friend took it round the area to see if anyone was missing it. Nobody was. Our friend took it to the vet, and the vet said it was healthy and about 4 months old. He also said it had no chip or mark, it had no color on, so it couldn't be identified in any way. The vet said, legally you can keep him if nobody comes and claims it after a couple of days.
Our friend took it with him to his house, where the dog played with our friend's adult dog, and seem to show a friendly attitude and to be somewhat house trained.

So, our friend called to hear if we wanted a dog!!! Otherwise it would go to the rescue center.

As you can image, this stirred up quite a storm and quickly changed our otherwise oh-so-quiet saturday. After much to-ing and fro-ing we decided that we would like take him in! To me, it felt like he came to us rather than we came to him. We have yet to find out if he really IS missing from somewhere, but we've done all the things you can do to find an owner, apart from wait. So, we still have to wait and see if he can be ours. Or, as I would prefer to call it; if we can look after him and give him a good home!

The vet had said he is healthy and fine, and judging from his looks he is going to be a big dog. But just HOW big we didn't realize, until a family member pointed us in the direction of a Doberman
I still have to sit with this for a while (!) (when I look at pictures online of doberman puppies, it's like looking at an exact copy of our dog!). Although there is evidence of other breeds in him (possibly Old German Shepard Dog/Schæfer or Pointer/Hønsehund),  I still can't quite grasp this, I have always been under the impression that Doberman's were aggressive. 
I found out that if you don't dock (kuperer) the tale and ears (which, btw, is illegal now in Denmark and Germany), they look much more 'normal' than the Doberman's I know from films; they always tend to have this crazy-mean and vicious look about them! Instead, they have long thin tales and hanging ears.

I saw a good video about Dobermans today, and felt like sharing it. 
Can't help but feel that the image I have of Dobermans is mostly based on fear, rather than actual first-hand knowledge about these big dogs.
Still, I don't care what it says online; I never thought I'd lived to see the day where I actually owned a Doberman! But… I cannot help but feel that this dog came to us, and that ALL IS WELL. 
It is a once-in-a-life-time chance to be close to a dog like that. I like saying YES! when it feels like YES! 

At the end of the day, what do you base your decisions on? And how come humans always have to have the first AND last say?! How about letting life in a little, huh?!

As I said, we don't know yet if we get to keep him. We are deciding on a name. You'll probably hear much more about it, as I wouldn't be able to stop myself from sharing my life's adventures! Especially this one! Yeah.

What do YOU think?! Feel free to leave a comment. I would like to hear from you!























You Might Also Like

0 comments

I am happy to hear what you think!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images